Raw Protein Bar Brownies
I’ve been on a bit of a mission lately with Protein Bar recipes.
There are some great ones here on the blog, like this one – No Bake Nut Butter Protein Bar and I have a bunch that I’ve kept solely for the members of The New You Club.
My mission is to have a ton of snack resources for my New You members so they’ll never have to run out and grab some unhealthy muffin or “health bar” during the day. Most store bought products taste like crap, are full of crap and usually make us feel like crap after eating them. No more!!
This protein bar recipe is soooooo tasty and very healthy!
There are no added sugars and even the natural occurring sugar from the dates is quite low…there is only one date per bar! I’ve made these with both Chocolate Whey and Chocolate Vega Sport (vegan) and both turned out amazing so use whats best for you.
This is just one of the many tasty and healthy snacks that come as part of the New You Program meal plan.
If you have any comments or questions don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below.
Have a healthy day!
- 1.5 cups walnuts - divided (pecans would also work well)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used 60grams of Whey, but a Vegan brand will work)
- 1/4 cup raw Cacao powder (you can use Cocoa as well)
- 1 Tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoons Hemp seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons Coconut oil (slightly melted)
- 6-7 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- In a food processor Process 1 cup of the Walnuts, the Protein, Chia, Hemp and Cacao.
- Then add the melted coconut oil, the dates, and the vanilla.
- Process again till it becomes a soft mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop up the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts by hand and stir them into the mix...mix well.
- Then add the mixture to a fun dish. Press down firmly and flatten.
- Throw in the fridge or freezer to set....then enjoy!
- If your dates have gone dry make sure to soak them a bit before using them.
- This amount of mixture usually makes 6-8 large (and very filling) bars for me.
- If you don't have Chia and Hemp seeds try a couple tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut